St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church adheres to a comprehensive youth protection policy.
Every individual who interacts with or teaches our children must submit an application, sign a covenant of goodwill, attend an online youth protection course, and undergo a criminal background check. They also will review a copy of our Youth Protection Manual with their ministry head annually as well as reviewing the Policy & Procedures for the Prevention of Sexual Misconduct.
Church members also are encouraged to review online youth protection training videos to ensure that all of our constituents are well trained in preventing and identifying abuse.
If you would like to volunteer at St. John’s, please fill out, sign, and return these materials to the church office in person or by mail, confidential attention Fr. Stavros Akrotiriankis.
Youth Volunteer Policy Expectations & Documentary Requirements:
Every two years –
1. Submit written application for individuals seeking to work with children.
2. Signed release for criminal background check.
3. Complete online youth protection training. (Link will be sent to you once background check is complete.)
1. Signed Youth Worker Covenant.
2. Review Youth Protection Manual with Ministry heads and follow its requirements.